I hope you can join Sue in this favorite event.
This ride is all on-road with several long hills and will be enjoyed by cyclists who are comfortable sharing the road with cars.
Cyclists can choose between several rides, a 20 mile complete circuit of the island, a 12 mile ride to Beavertail Lighthouse and back, or choose your own adventure.
MA Residents please read Travel Order below.
The island is located in the middle of Narragansett Bay with water all around. If you keep the water over your right shoulder you will eventually circle back to Sue's house. All rides have wonderful views of the ocean and Newport mansions across the Bay.
After the ride we will have a picnic at Sue's so bring something to eat and a chair. Water and soft drinks will be available here. If you care to take a swim, there is a small neighborhood beach over the hill from her house. Don’t expect any surf.
We will have maps of the island available for those new to this area. Both rides include hills.
As always bring your mask, helmet, an extra tube, water bottle, and well rested legs.
Massachusetts COVID-19 Travel Order
All visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, who do not meet an exemption, are required to:
- Complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival.
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
If your COVID-19 test result has not been received prior to arrival, visitors, and residents must quarantine until they receive a negative test result.
Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day.
If this order is lifted we will send a new announcement.
TOHG General COVID-19 Guidelines
- No groups larger than 12 members, including the activity leader, are permitted.
- Physical distancing rules must be followed, 6 feet or more.
- When physical distancing cannot be achieved, masks must be worn.
- No inside activities can be planned.
- When it is necessary to go inside, such as for restrooms, masks are required